HMDI OUTPUT

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Are you planning on showing the same image on both TV's? If so nothing but a splitter and a lot of cable.

AlfredH

Thank you for responding
Yes image is same for both TVs. Problem occurs when laptop is connected by HMDI cord with splitter, the image will come up for 45 - 60 seconds, on both, then goes blank on TV's, says "looking for input". Then the TVs will display again, then, repeat looking for signal. Display cycles on and off. My question, is it not enough output to feed them both that far away? Not sure what hardware/graphic card would be required. My laptop is a Windows 7, with 10 upgrade. Maybe I don't have enough output to do this.

beers

Staff member
HDMI?

50' of cable is usually pushing it, as that is the very edge on the specification for cable length. If you add a splitter in the mix you'll likely see degradation as noted above. There are some HDMI to Ethernet extenders you can buy that will increase the range if required. You could also try an active splitter which provides its own power.

AlfredH

Unfortunately, I am limited to the displays that are exsisiting in a conferance room. The sound cabinet is 65' from the tvs. That is wherer I have to plug in to. I need to try to amplify the HMDI output from my laptop to get the signal and video that far away. Someone earlier suggested a extender. My presentation is this Satureday. So I will try to find one locally, (BostonMA area), if possible.

Any iadears or sources in my area to suggest?
thank you all for your help.

beers

Staff member
I think two steam links are a better option than the cable and splitter. Look into them they are great.
That'd be kind of a pain in the ass installing steam and setting it up on both steam links every single time a different device connects.

With the splitter approach you just plug in the cable, much more well suited to a conference environment.