hmmm.....

smftexas86

after upgrading problems

well, I have a problem and I hope I won't confuse any one with this.
I bought me a dell which a bunch of good software meant for the computer. well since then I have updated the mobo because the dell one was not enough for what I wanted, and there were some other issues. Well, everything installed fine, put since I do not have the dell otherboard I do not have a dell PC any more, and so I can not use the software I initially received with it. It won't let me install because I do not have a Dell computer. Is three anything I can do to fix this, or am I going to have to put down a lot money to pay for the new software.

Last edited:

4W4K3

VIP Member
smftexas86 said:
well, I have a problem and I hope I won't confuse any one with this.
I bought me a dell which a bunch of good software meant for the computer. well since then I have updated the mobo because the dell one was not enough for what I wanted, and there were some other issues. Well, everything installed fine, put since I do not have the dell otherboard I do not have a dell PC any more, and so I can not use the software I initially received with it. It won't let me install because I do not have a Dell computer. Is three anything I can do to fix this, or am I going to have to put down a lot money to pay for the new software.

I'm pretty sure to use the Dell software you have to have a Dell mobo and drivers installed:( If this proves to be true then try and sell all that software on say eBay to help cut the cost of the new stuff.

Verrona

U cant use parts or software for a Dell machine for any other machine that isn't a Dell. That is the whole disappointment of Dell.

My advise NEVER buy a Dell machine.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Verrona said:
My advise NEVER buy a Dell machine.

Come on you can give better advise than that.

For those of you who do not fear opening the side panel and tinkering around inside.. and constantly restart the computer for the sole purpose of entering the bios settings... then a Dell is not for you. But for most people who want a worry-free, no setup required desktop to browse the internet, email friends and work on Word or Excel, a Dell is all you need.

Verrona

SFR said:
Come on you can give better advise than that.
For those of you who do not fear opening the side panel and tinkering around inside.. and constantly restart the computer for the sole purpose of entering the bios settings... then a Dell is not for you. But for most people who want a worry-free, no setup required desktop to browse the internet, email friends and work on Word or Excel, a Dell is all you need.

K, if u r only going 2 use ur PC for basic stuff; browsing net, word processing and doing ya emails then any machine is good even a Dell.

If u want a machine that u can upgrade parts, change software then don't get a Dell machine, it will b a pain in the neck! I am not saying they r bad machines, the customer service from Dell is the best i have ever seen and heard!

smftexas86

alright, first off the machine was great. Good quality hardware, I was just in the mood to change my motherboard and the case. Whatever though!! I have no problems with the drivers, it is the programs such as PowerDVD, Mcaffe and stuff I got with the computer that I can figure out how to use with this computer!!! I guess I am just going to have to buy the software again!!!