Holy Crap Water Block

ScottALot

Gold Block + Questions

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27631

ek-supreme-hf-fullgoldl_01.jpg

Actually a little tempted to get it just for the ability to say I have a gold waterblock.

Last edited:

bomberboysk

This thing looks like ass, the plating is pretty low quality, it looks more like brass to me

I agree, i thought it was just brushed copper when i saw the photo, took me a second to realize it was "gold plated" The nickel looks pretty sweet as well though, even though i'm not one for looks on a pc, if there was a silver plated one i'd definately go for it(the HF has been the block ive been planing on replacing my GTZ with for awhile).

bomberboysk

This is a Performance-PCs.com Special Edition! We used our own plate shop to offer you this beautiful gold finish product! This one really stands out from the crowd.

Yeah...i'd give hank over at ppc's a call instead of ek;)

bomberboysk

*facepalm* I already sent the email :mad::mad:

EK wouldnt do a special edition just for ppc's, not enough volume compared to the entire market available out there, not to mention its not listed on their website.

Not that i would recommend buying from hank anyhow, ive had some bad experiences from there.

just a noob

Y'know what? I'm gonna contact an EK guy at Xtremesystems... see if they're making a silver one.

They aren't, they never have(there have been gold plated blocks before as well), so i don't know why they would now
anyways, this is what proper gold plating looks like:
4183150874_0430fc33f1_b.jpg

ScottALot

:eek:

Damn, dude, that's an amazing finish!

BBSK, can you evaluate on your experiences with PPCs? Is it more on the stuff that they do themselves, or is it everything that they sell?

bomberboysk

:eek:

Damn, dude, that's an amazing finish!

BBSK, can you evaluate on your experiences with PPCs? Is it more on the stuff that they do themselves, or is it everything that they sell?

Ive had shipping issues with them, stuff come "new" that looked like it had been opened, etc. Actually, someone i know on another forum just got their FC-2 back...after 2 months and a couple weeks of waiting because their first one came opened and looked used and didnt work.

Pardon my language here, but a few people have gone to calling ppc's "Hank's house of s**t"

just a noob

Ive had shipping issues with them, stuff come "new" that looked like it had been opened, etc. Actually, someone i know on another forum just got their FC-2 back...after 2 months and a couple weeks of waiting because their first one came opened and looked used and didnt work.

Pardon my language here, but a few people have gone to calling ppc's "Hank's house of s**t"

There's worse, "HFS" I'm sure you can figure that out, but Hank is always right, and you are always wrong, plus he charges almost double for shipping what Alex/Quoc(PTS), John(Jab), or Gary(Sidewinder's)

just a noob

Check again, It's over $10 for a priority flatrate box(which i think is $4.95 online) on the EK supreme HF delrin/nickel(also $5 higher than sidewinders)

bomberboysk

Check again, It's over $10 for a priority flatrate box(which i think is $4.95 online) on the EK supreme HF delrin/nickel(also $5 higher than sidewinders)
Well, it depends on the size of the flatrate box. The small is $4.95, the mediums are $10.60 or so online, and not sure on the large. Doubt you could fit a waterblock in the small flatrate box.

I generally buy all my stuff from John and Gary, although once in awhile the guys over at petras get my business.