Holy shit - 72C

Hyper_Kagome

So, $34 CAD, roughly.

Man I hate parting with money.. it's like I have the sanity of a rich person who earned the money themselves...

Ku-sama

banned
see, its not worth your wild to get one, thats not even including shipping... just pick up these two simple things: new HSF for your processor, and 2 high CFM Case fans

Hyper_Kagome

I really need to get a better grip on computer stuff... I might actually be going into the city this weekend as well, so, prehaps I can pursaude my father to take me to OTV (Place that built my computer) so I can look around for them...

Any, specific brands, Mike?

Ku-sama

banned
for heatsinks i tend to stay near Thermalright, Thermaltake, and Artic Cooling, fans, if you want high preformance, get Delta, if you want some good ones that throttle their speed up when the temps go up, look for called "Smart Fans" or something like that, also, you need to figure out your fan size, gimme some pics of all of the fans in your case... , and not close up either, but not completly far away....

Hyper_Kagome

Hmm... well, I have to get my peice of crap digital camera working and installed... might take awhile. Aslo, the horrid S.F. is now awake and moving around. Soooo, that might have to wait untill he's gone or something, unless, I can get lucky and he won't care.

Now... wewre is that digi cam....

Hyper_Kagome

I might have to use my webcam... can't find the crap digital one... but I have a feeling I should have my computer off while I'm taking pictures incase I hit something... btu thenmy webby can't work. Grah... fine, I'll go get a screwdrive and open it up.

Hyper_Kagome

Side:
fan1.jpg

Back:
fan2.jpg

Front: (I don't see a fan there)
nofan.jpg

The little on on the borad because I was bored, this is the one that stops... grinds, runs, but as of the past while, been stopped untill I touch it to make it move:
mobofan.jpg

Ku-sama

banned
your lacking a front fan, 80mm, the back one is 80mm but can be stepped up to a 92mm, get a 92mm for the back and an 80mm for the front, and possibly a new HSF for your dieing northbridge... and what you dubbed the side fan is your HSF for your CPU, side fan is on the side of your case :p

Hyper_Kagome

The dieing northbridge would be the little fan, if I understand?
HSF...?

Well that's me for ya. You should know my knowledge on computers by now, Mike.
~*Chuckles.*~

Well, my step dad says he'll take it in to get fixed and whatnot, and I'll just make a complete list of stuff I should get based on what was recommended, and make sure they get it. Then, hopefully, I can pawn the payments off on my step dad.

Last edited:

Hyper_Kagome

So, maybe later, or soon, once I get some better paper, you canhelp me write up a detailed list on what should be fixed and whatnot.. I just hope it won't be too much...

Hyper_Kagome

I'm just hoping the prices at OTV are good. (I found the OTV site for the city near me)
http://www.otvtech.com/
I guess now I can look up the actual cost.

Now $40USD total for all, or for the possible CPU HSF?

List:
-Two fans
--Front 80 mm
--back 92 mm
-New HSF for Northbridge
-a Possible new HSF for SPU

Didn't you say something about an HSF for the processor? Or IS that the CPU? x.x

Last edited:

ItlanChode

Ok, today it's running at 60, I think it's because I have the door open, and it's allowing a better ventilation.. or maybe the radiator is off, who knows.