Home Network Problems

Christopher

VIP Member
I've got my computer and my parents computer set up. My parents computer is networked with mine using a wireless connection. I can get files from their shared folders, I can print on their printer and all that good stuff. But when I use their computer to try and get files that I have shared on my computer, it pops up an error about not having permissions.

I've run the network wizard a dozen times, and still the same problem. Any ideas?

ZER0X

VIP Member
What ive done is create a shortcut of your shared documents and paste it on your parents computer.....that will let them get into your shared documents :)

Christopher

VIP Member
You don't understand, it's not finding it, it's accessing it. It gives me an error about having no permissions and "contact your network admin".

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Is one of them W2K? Also, consider using FTP? :) Another few things to consider:
1. Some tweak applications allow you to restrict filesharing, network browsing etc
2. Are you using "Simple Filesharing"?

Christopher

VIP Member
XP Pro on both.

I don't want to share files with them enough to set up FTP -- sharing should work damnit! :p

Are you using "Simple Filesharing"?
They are, but I'm not. Could that be a problem? I haven't changed anything =/

friendshipraj

hey u must give there permission to your computer to search your share files...and your file sharing protocal may be damage. check all these and set up again ur wireless network properly to solve your problem..

friendshipraj

Check ur computer first....
friendshipraj said:
hey u must give there permission to your computer to search your share files...and your file sharing protocal may be damage. check all these and set up again ur wireless network properly to solve your problem..

ZER0X

VIP Member
You may need to setup something in the network connection property's, like the LAN connection it may be blocking things out :mad: :confused:

Last edited:

man_4422

Network problem

Chroder said:
I've got my computer and my parents computer set up. My parents computer is networked with mine using a wireless connection. I can get files from their shared folders, I can print on their printer and all that good stuff. But when I use their computer to try and get files that I have shared on my computer, it pops up an error about not having permissions.

I've run the network wizard a dozen times, and still the same problem. Any ideas?

Try and see whether their computer and your computer is connected. Make sure you two sure the same domain name.

Try also to see whether their cable connection and your cable connection is connected properly.

Rgds
man_4422