Home theater PC questions

datman

I’m thinking of turning my PC into a DVD player. I need help in choosing a video card that will equal a good Progressive scan DVD player (480P) My set only has component video but I think a DVI to Component video cable would do the trick.

Also I need a good video (DVD) play back program that I can choose the onboard sound cards digital out for DD and DTS sound. My Intel board also has 6 ch analog audio outs but if I use the digital that would be best. Also when the full screen is selected it needs to remove all tool bars, as you would not want those during play back.

My system info P4 3.0 1024 ram 500g HD and W2000.

Emperor_nero

I think that just about any modern graphics card should work for playing DVDs and you could use VLC for playing them plus its free. :D

datman

I think that just about any modern graphics card should work for playing DVDs and you could use VLC for playing them plus its free. :D

thanks for the info. The VLC program is much better and it does eliminate the tool bars. I still can't seem to gain full access to the audio output. I can get a digital out but it is in prologic not DD or DTS. It may take me some time to figure this out.

The video card sounds like it should be easy as I'm not a gamer but the video quality must be as good as my dvd player