Home Theater Speakers

Zatharus

VIP Member

g4m3rof1337

Oh alright, I'll look into the Cables To Go one, I assume with the switch, I wont need to unplug something, I'll just switch the inputs?

I have to head out soon, but when I get back, I'm going to try the speakers.

Thanks.

Zatharus

VIP Member
Yes, that 3 input switch will allow you to just switch the input instead of unplugging something. If you can live without the TV tuner's audio output, you won't need to unplug anything. Connect the XBox 360, Cable tuner and Apple TV to the switch inputs and then connect the switch output to the Receiver's optical input.

g4m3rof1337

I had it working for the 360 earlier, but now when I turn everything on, only the front left speaker works.. I tried disconnecting all the speaker wires going into the receiver, but no luck..

Thanks.

Zatharus

VIP Member
That sounds like a problem with your receiver. Since you are connecting the 360's audio out to the receiver via an optical cable, you would get all or nothing if the receiver was working properly.

Are all the speaker wires connected to their proper posts on the receiver and the respective speakers? Do you have this problem only with the 360 or with all the input devices? When you play a DVD on the built-in player, do you get audio out all the speakers as normal?

g4m3rof1337

Well, I had all the speakers working when I was playing Rock Band, but then I plugged the optical in to the cable box, and had the same front left speaker problem.

Zatharus

VIP Member
Ah, have you tried power cycling your receiver at all after the switch, or just changed modes on it - like switch to DVD then back to optical in? Your receiver may not like the optical cable switched while it is "listening" to it. That really sounds strange to me, but it is a possibility.

g4m3rof1337

It seems to be working, lol, but on the TV, I'm just getting the left one working, and I tried power cycling it, but it Rock Band, the intro is on the left, but then the menu and game are surround.

Thanks.

Zatharus

VIP Member
Weird.... :D

When you say you have the TV working, are you talking about the TV's optical out to the stereo? I'm not sure what you were referring to there.

g4m3rof1337

For the TV audio, I have the optical out from the Comcast cable box, to the receiver, should I have it on the TV itself?

Zatharus

VIP Member
No, that sounds right. Keep the Comcast tuner going to the receiver. I am not understanding what you were describing in your prior post. Can you elaborate or re-word it?