Homebrew Gaming Machine

kobaj

VIP Member
Yes most people have one machine for games and one for internet/other. Would it work if I partioned my drive and on one partion it acted like a gaming rig and didnt have cookies,spyware,ect screwing with it cause I would never go onto the internet with that partion. And the other partion be my internet/other, that did have the cookies and what not so it would be slower. So when I start my pc, I could like choose which partion to start on, or is this completely crazy and I should think of something better.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Well, you'd also have to install 2 instances of your OS on the two partitions to keep the cookies and other junk from interfering with the other partition. But yeah, if you've got the space to do it..., I'd go for it. I might try that myself...

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Yeah, windows only takes 1.5 gigs standard. Don't get too skimpy, though, with your space. XP does seem to like to hog the harddrive.

kobaj

VIP Member
Well when I hit the power button on my pc, how would it know which partion I wanted. Would a dos screen come up asking or what?

kobaj

VIP Member
Ya, I use firefox its just I cant exactly scan every week for that crap, plus I do tons of downloads each day. I just wanted to keap my work life and play life seperate. And thanks for all your help!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, windows only takes 1.5 gigs standard. Don't get too skimpy, though, with your space. XP does seem to like to hog the harddrive.
Yes but you can allocated PF somewhere static anyways and if you have enough RAM you may not need PF. You can also allocate the temp folder elsewhere

Well when I hit the power button on my pc, how would it know which partion I wanted. Would a dos screen come up asking or what?
A menu will show up

Could I also do this with two harddrives instead of two partions?
Yes and that'd be much easier to work with ... no menus to navigate and such :)