Homepage changing

SirKenin

banned
By the way Buzz, I'm sure you know this, but for the record after you have deleted those entries, delete the associated files. Show Hidden Files and Folders if you haven't done so already.

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Well, this game has ended, the machine has died.:mad: Can't open anything, can't get online, nothing. Probably nothing to do with you, but who knows? I followed your instructions, that stupid prevx was telling me all was well, got rid of it, ran smitfraud in safemode, booted back to normal mode and ran option 1, guess what? It showed all the files still there, and a rootkit! Had you have done what I would have done, and run that before anything else, you would have seen the rootkit and dealt with that first. Pissing about with your daft programs didn't get me anywhere, and, to use your phrase, doing things "arse-backwards" hasn't helped either. If you really get paid $50 an hour for this, you're 1. ripping people off, and 2. there must be a lot of mugs where you live.

Oh, and how do you generate a log in that autoruns thing?

Last edited:

SirKenin

banned
Heh.. To say I have my doubts is an understatement. Did I not tell you to get rid of that trojan? Had you run a full system scan it would have found it, I promise you. If you didn't remove it, it would have just reinstalled your problems that you just manually deleted. That's what that trojan does. You don't go on to the next step until you have successfully completed the previous one. I was very specific about that. Your trojan was your chief concern.

But you thought you knew everything... And I guess you just demonstrated that you didn't.

And this, folks, is the chief reason why I refuse to help anyone in this forum. If you're not going to follow my instructions to the "T" then don't ask me for help. Simple.

ghost

Well that was abit of a F***up :(
Not having a dig m8y but reaps has been helping people on this forum for a long time and has even successfully helped me out before too :)
I guess people just do things differently!

SirKenin

banned
Actually, I anticipated the end results before we even started. The reason being is the very first problem, the Trojan.Updatex. Not to mention the shoddy excuse for the remote desktop connection. See, if I had fixed it on there, he would not be able to make this silly display in the forums.

You see, the reason he is feeding you a line of shit is because that exact problem is addressed at the Prevx homepage:

http://virusinfo.prevx.com/pxparall.asp?PXC=9fb057653668

He didn't do as I told him to, and he never intended to. That wasn't his point. He was out to discredit my methods right from the beginning. I realized that as soon as he hadn't rid himself of that trojan, which installs other programs as you can read from it's description, and he badmouthed Autoruns, which actually performs a deeper scan than HJT.

So, it was damned from the beginning. And thus I use his example to make it a point why I will not waste my time.

Should I mention that none of the infections that he has listed will kill his computer or prevent him from accessing the internet? Not one. You can look it up for yourself, but I'm finished wasting my time. Think what you want.

ghost

I understand dude, i guess you will stick to your methods and reaps will stick to his.

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Heh.. To say I have my doubts is an understatement. Did I not tell you to get rid of that trojan? Had you run a full system scan it would have found it, I promise you.
Doubts about what? Your scans didn't get that trojan, accept it.

But you thought you knew everything... And I guess you just demonstrated that you didn't.
No, that'd be you.

And this, folks, is the chief reason why I refuse to help anyone in this forum
Thank god for that.

If you're not going to follow my instructions to the "T" then don't ask me for help.
I did everything just as you said, it just didn't work because you hadn't dealt with the rootkit.

Actually, I anticipated the end results before we even started.
So did I.:D

Not to mention the shoddy excuse for the remote desktop connection. See, if I had fixed it on there, he would not be able to make this silly display in the forums.
I was interested to see your method, that's why I wanted to do it like this. You seem to be taking it all personally, with your silly display.

You see, the reason he is feeding you a line of shit
Not sure where i did that, can you explain?

He didn't do as I told him to
Yes I did.

and he never intended to.
Ditto.

He was out to discredit my methods right from the beginning.
No I wasn't, but you made a pretty good job of it yourself.
I realized that as soon as he hadn't rid himself of that trojan
Nothing to do with me, just followed your directions.

Should I mention that none of the infections that he has listed will kill his computer or prevent him from accessing the internet? Not one.
Apart from possibly the rootkit that you didn't find.

but I'm finished wasting my time.
Sorry you think like that, I found it very entertaining.

i guess you will stick to your methods and reaps will stick to his.
Amen.

SirKenin

banned
What's that got to do with my computer? As I said, I followed your directions, there was a rootkit on there you didn't check for.
And having looked at the thread you linked to, you missed a couple.

No, those other entries had to do with his homepage. I looked them up.

And what that has to do with your computer is the fact that if you had followed directions, you would have caught the primary threat. The other rootkit that you mention wasn't in your HJT log. I assumed, wrongly, that seeing as how you know what you are doing that you would have done a full system scan with Prevx1, but you didn't. You can't tell me you did. That threat is very clearly part of the Prevx1 database. You then eradicated the other threats, if you followed my directions properly, but they resurfaced again and more because you didn't eradicate the main one. Did you even check all the tabs? Did you even delete the files afterwards? Probably not.

Step by step. You didn't follow the steps. It ended up in failure. That's your fault, not mine, and to have the nerve to accuse me of scamming my clients is beyond ill repute and poor behaviour for a moderator. There has never been one computer I haven't fixed, and the referrals speak for themselves.

Last edited:

Buzz1927

Digaredd

And what that has to do with your computer is the fact that if you had followed directions, you would have caught the primary threat. The other rootkit that you mention wasn't in your HJT log. I assumed, wrongly, that seeing as how you know what you are doing that you would have done a full system scan with Prevx1, but you didn't. You can't tell me you did. That threat is very clearly part of the Prevx1 database. You then eradicated the other threats, if you followed my directions properly, but they resurfaced again and more because you didn't eradicate the main one. Did you even check all the tabs? Did you even delete the files afterwards? Probably not.

Step by step. You didn't follow the steps. It ended up in failure. That's your fault, not mine, and to have the nerve to accuse me of scamming my clients is beyond ill repute and poor behaviour for a moderator. There has never been one computer I haven't fixed, and the referrals speak for themselves.
How many times do I have to tell you, I followed your directions exactly. Sometimes things don't go as you expect, you then deal with what you're left with. I did the full scan with Prevx1, perhaps you don't fully understand what Hijackthis shows (obviously not as you had me fix those 023 entries). I didn't accuse you of scamming your clients, just that they must be gullible, they'd get better advice here for free, if you came to my house with this comedy, you'd be leaving on the end of my boot.

That wasn't what I was referring to.

And you haven't answered my questions.

Oh yeah, if you really do what you claim, how do you explain this?

As I mentioned in response to a PM, I don't clean up other people's "messes". Not online, not in real life. It's a policy of mine.

Last edited:

SirKenin

banned
How many times do I have to tell you, I followed your directions exactly. Sometimes things don't go as you expect, you then deal with what you're left with. I did the full scan with Prevx1, perhaps you don't fully understand what Hijackthis shows (obviously not as you had me fix those 023 entries). I didn't accuse you of scamming your clients, just that they must be gullible, they'd get better advice here for free, if you came to my house with this comedy, you'd be leaving on the end of my boot.

Maybe you might want to write to Prevx and tell them that one of the threats they claim to remove doesn't. I mean, what can I say? You are somehow an exception to the rule..

Those 023 entries, if you look closely, were files missing. That's why I had you delete them. Not for malware's sake, but just to clean up useless entries. Standard policy.

As for the quote, I know you're trying really hard to discredit me, that much is obvious, but you should have done your fans a service and quoted it in context. What it means is that if someone else starts the job on a thread and quits after they make a mess of it I refuse to come in and clean up the mess.

The same goes in real life. One client hired a manager who also knew something about computers. He wanted to give him access to the network that I was administering. I made him make a choice, him or me. I wasn't going to go in afterwards and try and figure out what kind of mess he had made. It's not worth the frustration.

SirKenin

banned

Maybe you might want to write to Prevx and tell them that one of the threats they claim to remove doesn't. I mean, what can I say? You are somehow an exception to the rule..

Those 023 entries, if you look closely, were files missing. That's why I had you delete them. Not for malware's sake, but just to clean up useless entries. Standard policy.

As for the quote, I know you're trying really hard to discredit me, that much is obvious, but you should have done your fans a service and quoted it in context. What it means is that if someone else starts the job on a thread and quits after they make a mess of it I refuse to come in and clean up the mess.

The same goes in real life. One client hired a manager who also knew something about computers. He wanted to give him access to the network that I was administering. I made him make a choice, him or me. I wasn't going to go in afterwards and try and figure out what kind of mess he had made. It's not worth the frustration.

Anyways, I'm done with your nonsense. You can either have your last word, lock the thread or let it die.

Buzz1927

Digaredd
You're up early! Still talking nonsense though.
Those 023 entries, if you look closely, were files missing.
Maybe you need to look closely, or learn more about Hijackthis, one of those entries was prevx1:D It's a bug, made a fool of you :p

Come clean and answer my questions, :) I'm waiting.:)

SirKenin

banned
No kidding eh? Is that what this means???

O23 - Service: Prevx Agent (PREVXAgent) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Prevx1\PXAgent.exe" -f (file missing)

Thanks Captain Obvious.

SirKenin

banned
lol. :D :D No... This is:

2cw6.jpg

And yeah I'm up early. Let's just say that it's been a hell of a last 24 hours :p