Horizontal Lines On Dark Areas

SmartA1ec

I recently purchased an msi GT780 DX. Whenever the screen is displaying darker colors/shadows/fades, horizontal lines appear accross it. Theyre subtle but clearly there. I updated my NVIDIA drivers a few days ago, and I only started noticing it after this. It might have been happening before this, but I don't remember. I first noticed it when playing a game. In darker areas (smoke for example), the lines would appear. At first, I thought it had something to do with the game itself, but then I noticed the lines on the Windows startup loading screen. Lines appear around the outer edge of the Windows logo. I'm assuming there is some sort of glow around it, which is where the lines show up. I then noticed the lines when watching a movie. Darker images show them, as well as the border around the video itself. The only dark shade that doesn't show these lines is totally black. Any ideas? Thanks.

Last edited:

millz

Do you know what type of display this laptop uses? LCD, LED, OLED? This is a problem with OLED displays which are on many cell phones. I'm wondering it this is a laptop with an OLED display.

SmartA1ec

Well there's a sticker on my laptop listing some basic features of it, and one of them says 'LED Panel: 17.3" FHD, 1920x1080 (Non-Glare Type). I attached a screenshot of what the lines look like, but now that I think about it, I'm not even sure if you will see what I see.

Attachments

• Horizontal Line Screenshot.jpg
    Horizontal Line Screenshot.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

biscuits

I dont know wether this is the same problem as your but I also had dark blurred lines across my led screen and the problem with mine was that my led screen came loose from pressure and the screen connection plug need to be pushed in and the screen readjusted as the screen was leaned up against the bracket which was causing pressure on the screen.

jamesd1981

Try connecting your laptop to an external lcd screen and see if you still get the problem.

If the display on the external monitor is fine, it is probably your laptops screen.

If the display on the external monitor is the same, it is probably your laptops graphics that have a problem.