Hot Deals

Thanatos

I think you'd have to be a bit stupid to spend 15 grand on a personal computer. Or just really into bragging and showing off with stupid numbers. ;)

Well, it'd be able to play games made 5 years from now or more, you know?

You seem knowledgeable, how long do you think you could go with that machine until you couldn't play a game maxed out and get more than, let's say, 50 FPS? I mean, a game made 5 years from now... how much more graphics intensive do you think it will be? I guess that's what I'm getting at here.

spirit

Staff member
Well, it'd be able to play games made 5 years from now or more, you know?

You seem knowledgeable, how long do you think you could go with that machine until you couldn't play a game maxed out and get more than, let's say, 50 FPS? I mean, a game made 5 years from now... how much more graphics intensive do you think it will be? I guess that's what I'm getting at here.

Yes, I am aware that with a system like that you are going to be able to play games for a long time yet. But it's still a rip off.

For a start, it's $15,000. Which is just ridiculous. You could spend half that ($7500) and still be able to max games for years and years to come. $7500 is still a lot to pay for a gaming PC however. You could spend £1500-2000 and still get a great gaming rig which will be able to max games for years to come.

I think games will get more graphics intensive over the next five years, but that's not a good reason to go and spend 15 grand on a rig now. In five years time, the hardware will be stronger anyway and you won't be paying 15 grand for a PC which can max out the current games in 5 years time (not talking about today's games, I'm talking about games in 5 years time).

So really, this 15 grand system is just a rip off. You are paying the premium for lights and the novelty of being able to say 'I have four GTX Titans' (or however many it had). It's for people who like to show off. As Maxx basically pointed out, people who buy this are just stupid really.

Last edited: