Hot Laptop!

goosy22

I always only had desktops, now I got a laptop. Why does my laptop get so freakin' hot though?! I use it in the nude a lot, and it gets to the point of almost burning me. The other day while we were both using our laptops together, I had to put mine on the table because being nude, it was burning me, but my brother says his only was only a bit warm and he never has to set it down. Why is mine so hot then?:mad:

nude huh? hmm...

anyways, is it plugged into an outlet? if so, then yes, it will be hot... sometimes mine gets very hot also... it's a common problem...

goosy22

Yes, nude;) , and yes I plug it into the outlet, otherwise the battery drains quickly. You think that anything to do with it?:confused:

yes... having it plugged in, especially in new laptops, will substantially increase the temperature... be that as it may, i would like to stress that most, but not all laptops encounter this... (it allows the processor/hard drive/etc. to be run at it's max settings which in turn increase temps)...

hope that helps...

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Some laptop's just get much more hot than others. Smaller ones typically seem to be much hotter than others. AMD's tend to produce more heat too... It really depends on the laptop build, materials, and such. Also, if you have a lazy fan, it might not kick in as much as it really should.

jp198780

i find this thread very weird, she sits nude wit her laptop on her lap, and her brother does the same??? :eek: ....

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Some laptop's just get much more hot than others. Smaller ones typically seem to be much hotter than others. AMD's tend to produce more heat too... It really depends on the laptop build, materials, and such. Also, if you have a lazy fan, it might not kick in as much as it really should.

I've usually found that the AMD's are quite a bit cooler, actually... The HP's that we have at work have a considerable heat difference between the AMD and Intel chips... (with the AMD's being cooler, even the dual core ones...)

AdmnPower

VIP Member
my PIII got really really hot because it wasn;t a mobile chip....

i recently obtained an alienware laptop with a P4 desktop processor in it, that laptop is a genuine "Nut Roaster" if you catch my drift, but it does play games rather well even tho it is beginng to age.

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
There are very few portable systems in modern computing that can be safely used on your lap. Nearly all modern systems must be used on a hard flat surface to ensure maximum airflow and efficient cooling.

fade2green514

wuts it got in it? a pentium 4? those drain a lot of electricity and if its got a semi-decent video card that could drain a lot of electricity too... the more power consumption the higher the heat.

lol nude... lol haha