hot to transfer then burn mpeg files from old comp to new

maxxx6969

Is there a way i can transfer a few of my Mpeg files from my old comp to my new one then burn it to a dvd on my new comp, my old comp only has a cd-r burner so i would have to export the files to a cd-r.

thanks

weixifan

You could connect them by parallel cable, a cross-over ethernet cable, connect both with a normal ethernet cable to a hub, etc. and just set up a direct connection between the two computers. And this connection need not be temporary! :)

If you have WinXP, setting up a direct connection/home network is a breeze. Just look under help+support centre for details on "home networking." If you have further problems, post here...

By the way, I hope the info I provided is correct... :p

maxxx6969

thanks the new comps xp, but the old comp is windows 98...i dont have ethernet cables...is there a way i can put them on a cd-rom as a data file on my old comp then put it in my new one n then burn it to make it a dvd??? thanks

wensk

If you burn them from the old PC to CD, you will be able to access them on the new computer and/or transfer them to a directory on the new. CDs hold 600 meg. How big are your files?