Hott hott summer is coming

dannyjjang

And my budget is short...i don't know if this is a dumb idea but can i open my computer case and let my fan(house fan) blow through?

Filip

dannyjjang said:
And my budget is short...i don't know if this is a dumb idea but can i open my computer case and let my fan(house fan) blow through?

After a week you would have 10 pounds of dust in your case, lol, I don't suggest leaving you case opened. Your temps wouldn't be that much lower anyways.

liquidshadow

10 pounds of dust? If the fan had a decent filter, it definitely wouldn't. Temps can be a lot lower actually, depending on the fan. My house fan brought my CPU temp down 6 degrees (although i don't use it anymore) and ambient about 10 degrees.

Filip

liquidshadow said:
10 pounds of dust? If the fan had a decent filter, it definitely wouldn't. Temps can be a lot lower actually, depending on the fan. My house fan brought my CPU temp down 6 degrees (although i don't use it anymore) and ambient about 10 degrees.

He said if he opened the case, that way the dust will get in quickly.

spamdos

filip-matijevic said:
He said if he opened the case, that way the dust will get in quickly.

yeah the fan will just blow all the dust straight into the case.
oh yeah and it is winter here in australia not summer dammit

Filip

Otterah said:
lol i opened mine today an blew a box fan on it. Only lowerd it by 3 degrees.

Ya, it lowered your temps by 3°C, but increased dust concentration in your case by 10,000%, lol

wackydave

If you don't have a hover then its perfect but when i left mine open for a week i came back and it was mat grey with dust.!!!

mrjack

VIP Member
Make sure you blow out the dust regularly, don't use a vacuum cleaner! I got my CPU temps down from 50C to 42C when I blew out the dust.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
dannyjjang said:

do you really have heat issues? what your temps rigth now?

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
filip-matijevic said:
Ya, it lowered your temps by 3°C, but increased dust concentration in your case by 10,000%, lol
If the fan is blowing straight into the side of the computer, my guess would be that it'll blow the dust straight back out again. I wouldn't of thought it'd make the dust settle. Infact, it would probably clear the dust already in the case.

Filip

elmarcorulz said:
If the fan is blowing straight into the side of the computer, my guess would be that it'll blow the dust straight back out again. I wouldn't of thought it'd make the dust settle. Infact, it would probably clear the dust already in the case.

Best way to find it out is to try it your self, I won't do that ever again, I had to unscrew all components to clean them, too dusty.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
filip-matijevic said:
Best way to find it out is to try it your self, I won't do that ever again, I had to unscrew all components to clean them, too dusty.
Lol, i only just cleaned my pc too. I got more dust out of gfx card fan then anywhere else!

Greggie Boy

Make sure you clean the fan blades thoroughly. I use 99 % alcohol and Q-Tips. Dirty fan blades can restrict airflow greatly.

dannyjjang

Ecsed said:
im kinda thinkin about this. My temps are 67 at idle... Celcius.
wow lol...

ne way
according to speedfan here are my temps
temp1:42
temp2:36
temp3:27
hd:35
temp1:40

i know what hd stands for but...the temp #'s i do not know which number indicates the parts of computer..holla