How can I add RAM to my laptop

kurra_t

Hi,
I have 512 mb ram installed in my VAIO. now ii need more. i need to get a 512 module coz that comes cheap. kingston module. How can I install it or where do i need to go to get it installed? please help me as there is a deal with kingston ram module. Or is it possible for me to install it myself.
thank u very much

alanuofm

VIP Member
kurra_t said:
Hi,
I have 512 mb ram installed in my VAIO. now ii need more. i need to get a 512 module coz that comes cheap. kingston module. How can I install it or where do i need to go to get it installed? please help me as there is a deal with kingston ram module. Or is it possible for me to install it myself.
thank u very much

please provide the precise laptop model. you should be able to open up one of the compartments beneath your laptop with a screwdriver. it is usually the one with the largest door. then just slide the ram in. if it is pc2100/pc2700/pc3200 then it uses 200 pin so-dimm. laptops only have 2 dimm slots.

kurra_t

Thanks .
Sony VAIO VGN-FS630/W is the model number. 512MB DDR333, 333MHz, PC2700, 200p SODIMM, 2.5v.

Last edited:

bigsaucybob

u dont need kingston ram, its justa name brand therefore more expensive, there are plenty of other brands for the same quality but cheaper

computerhakk

VIP Member
if you know what type of memory you are gonna buy already and its speed, etc.. do that
alanuofm said:
you should be able to open up one of the compartments beneath your laptop with a screwdriver. it is usually the one with the largest door. then just slide the ram in. if it is pc2100/pc2700/pc3200 then it uses 200 pin so-dimm. laptops only have 2 dimm slots.

just a help.. in any case.. if u dont know it.. go to http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

it'll tell you exactly what type you have and the one you should get to match it.

Advitiya Saxena

1. Open ur operation manual of the laptop, or visit DELL support website for detail explaination fr many common upgrades.

2. DOnt go fr cheap RAM, Buy RaM frm the best possible source, KiNGSTONis good.

3. BE very gentle while installing RAM, its easy n simple.

vortmax

go to crucial.com and download their active x controller. it will tell you the type you have and how many free bays you have. you can either order it from then, which is high quality, or take the specs and get something else. I like kingston and corsair too