How can I get my Digital Media Pro keyboard fully working with Windows 10?

JohnJSal

Hi all. I just installed Windows 10, and while it seemed to automatically detect my keyboard (name and all) and it mostly works, there are a few keys that I can't seem to get to work or cutomize.

For example, pressing the Mail key launches the Mail program, but somehow I had it previously set to open Chrome into Gmail. I assume I did this with the software settings.

Also, there is a central section of five shortcut buttons with a "star" button under them. Pressing the star button normally brings up the window to edit these five buttons and what they open, but pushing them now does nothing.

I tried searching for drivers, but I'm not sure anything is compatible with Windows 10 from what I've seen. Is there anything else I can try to get the functionality of these buttons back?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220604_154624.jpg
    20220604_154624.jpg
    704.3 KB · Views: 2

JohnJSal

Thanks! I saw mention of the Mouse and Keyboard Center in some of the research I did, but it sounded like something already installed, although I didn't know how to find it! Maybe it's not pre-installed...

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The software wouldn't be pre-installed I don't think. It's only used for Microsoft keyboards and mice. Usually you have to download and install any software that is designed to change the way a keyboard works. Logitech, Microsoft, Razor, Corsair all do this.

JohnJSal

The software wouldn't be pre-installed I don't think. It's only used for Microsoft keyboards and mice. Usually you have to download and install any software that is designed to change the way a keyboard works. Logitech, Microsoft, Razor, Corsair all do this.
Thank you! I will try that.

It seems to have detected my mouse too, since it uses it's actual name (Logitech M500), but I don't know if there is any actual Logitech software installed yet either. Where can I go to find this? I don't see any Logitech entries in the Start menu. I'm not fully used to Windows 10 yet, but I'm thinking maybe it didn't actually install the mouse software, it just knows the name.

JohnJSal

Uh oh, any idea what this means? Could my keyboard be too old to even be supported?

Attachments

• keyboard_mouse_center.png
    keyboard_mouse_center.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 3

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
If you have the keyboard plugged into a USB 3.0 slot (blue) try and plug it into a USB 2.0 slot (Black) and try again.