how can i improve my computer skill

luckybird

Hi all :) ,

If u have a way to improve computer skill in short time interval pls advice me .
I will waiting for ur advice.

with thanks

apj101

VIP Member
get a book, learn a programming language maybe c++, or basic, that should help gain an understanding of overall computing, maybe read a book on netwroking. Oh you could read the xp manual i remeber reading the win 95 manual cover to cover when i was a lod

Smurf-you

banned
It really depends on how determined you are and how quick you are at learning.

Well normally computer skills come over a surtain time... You slowly get better with it
If you want to know how to build a computer have a look inside and have a look where things go.
Use google to ask questions

OR EVEN BETTER
Ask if you can work in IT Shop for a couple of weeks for free, And they'll get your help, That way you will pick things up and to be honest it's probably the best way.

Daveb2012

apj101 said:
get a book, learn a programming language maybe c++, or basic, that should help gain an understanding of overall computing, maybe read a book on netwroking. Oh you could read the xp manual i remeber reading the win 95 manual cover to cover when i was a lod

programming is an odd place to start.. start with A+ hardware, learn how computers work. then A+ OS. which is all operating systems.. you will have a good base from their on. also it will never happen in a short time it takes a lot of time and dedication to learn.

Classic_house

Buy a book on dos, get a manual on xp or your os... get a book on networking... Buy a really old pc and pull it apart and put it back together... Format the drives and learn dos... Then learn xp then office... Then start on the programming....
By the time you have pulled the computer apart then learnt how to install os from dos you should be well on your way!

Last edited:

rjkengr

you can really learn programming whenever. i've taken a class in c# and i'm not completely knowledgeable on how all the computer hardware and networking works.

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
when i was starting out i read the hardware manuals that came with my system (the motherboard manuals are handy) and experimented with system settings etc.

also, looking at discussions in forums is a good way of picking up knowledge

if you're gonna start tinkering with bios settings etc try to find out what the settings do beforehand... also make sure you know where the clear CMOS jumper is; i remember panicing when i was a noob cos my pc wouldn't start up cos i changed the wrong setting lol :D