How can I improve this build?

Sovu

I've gone to these forums before to ask the same question on a previous, out-dated idea. Now, I return with a little more updated and thought out build that I still want to improve on. I think I've got the right idea, but I'm sure there is someone out there who can bring their expertise to me and help me out. Thanks.

Here's the link:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Monuai/saved/37dzyc

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Unless you plan on upgrading your video card, you don't need a 650 watt psu, 500 watts is fine for that build.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I would also not buy a $110 AIO with how much your rig cost. Buy something like a Cryorig H7 and save yourself $80 you can put towards a SSD.

Agent Smith

And you really don't need liquid cooling to overclock. I use a Cooler Master 212 and the CPU is overclocked to 4.4 and I have perfect temps. Somewhere around 43 C.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Save money on the psu and cooler and get a better processor. Probably would get the Cryorig H7 instead of the coolermaster 212 evo.

jevery

Unless you plan on upgrading your video card, you don't need a 650 watt psu, 500 watts is fine for that build.

I would also not buy a $110 AIO with how much your rig cost. Buy something like a Cryorig H7 and save yourself $80 you can put towards a SSD.

Save money on the psu and cooler and get a better processor. Probably would get the Cryorig H7 instead of the coolermaster 212 evo.

For the same price it looks like you could get the Ryzen 7 1700 if you went with the Cryorig H7 and a 550W PSU (Like Seasonic SSR-550RM)

Agent Smith

There aren't many reviews for this. You actually got it to 4.4?

They can get up to 4.5 Mhz. I just set the option in BIOS and it was there. Wasn't hard at all. Of course, this is a Gigabyte MOBO, not sure how others do it.