How can I make an already backed up (external HD) bootable.

bossford

This is a long discussion but let me explain: Recently, I finally decided to try Win 11 (big mistake). After two days I tried to go back to Win 10. I went through all the steps but at the end it said my computer needed a repair. So I had to RESET my computer (595 Pavillion) to April of 2019 with a usb recovery drive that I created when comp was new. I was not overly concerned because I had Backed up my System Image with EaseUS Todo each week to an external HD. But then I found out that for some reason the backup HD would not boot. So when I copied the backup to my C drive I could not boot my computer would not boot. You guessed it, I had toRESET my computer again. HELP; Is there any way I can make my Backup drive bootable? Please and Thank You!

keith234783

Hi
Try using the function key recovery partition on your drive to recover your system.
The best way is to boot up is to image your drive using software like Macrium Reflect.
You create a boot image of your hdd partitions, then you can create a usb boot drive
You can all so create a dual boot option, to boot windows or Macrium reflect on startup
The image option will load with all your software in approx 30min,

Hope this helps Regards Keith

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Normally the image you make isn't bootable. You have to boot to the rescue USB you used to create the image, in this case it would be EaseUS. You boot to the rescue USB and tell it where you backup image is and then it starts the process.

bossford

Hi
Try using the function key recovery partition on your drive to recover your system.
The best way is to boot up is to image your drive using software like Macrium Reflect.
You create a boot image of your hdd partitions, then you can create a usb boot drive
You can all so create a dual boot option, to boot windows or Macrium reflect on startup
The image option will load with all your software in approx 30min,

Hope this helps Regards Keith

Thanks for the reply.

glenn heard