How can I monitor my CPU and Case Temp?

kyleswitch122

Can I snag those offline or do I have to go buy them somewhere?

And is there a untit that fits in a 5.25" slot that can do those things?

Russian777

Can I snag those offline or do I have to go buy them somewhere?

And is there a untit that fits in a 5.25" slot that can do those things?

You mean you want one of these.

XON-MTR002B_Image4.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811998068

The_Other_One

VIP Member
cpuz - Doesn't monitor temps, but about everything else :p I think you're referring to PC Wizard or HWMonitor, both avaliable from cpuid.

speedfan - I tend to discourage the use of this. As of recently, the readings it provides are very inaccurate. Plus the fan control option doesn't seem to support many motherboards anymore.

I tend to use PC-Wizard or HWMonitor on my computers. They seem to be the most accurate and most compatible among various systems.

Fatback

VIP Member
My Asus motherboard came with a program called PC Probe II and it is awesome. It tells me the temp of my CPU and Motherboard it all so tells me the RPM's the fans are running at and it tells me my voltages to. The only thing it doesn't do that I would like it to see tell me the temp of each core on my CPU's cores.

No other program works for me I have tried HWMonitor, Speed fan, Everest, PC Wizard and none of them will show me my CPU temps.

Also I use GPU-Z and CCC to monitor my GPU temps and HD Tune to monitor my hard drive temps.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Software made by the motherboard manufacturer is usually the best/most sure way to go. But I find most of them to be bloated and such in comparison to other programs which is why I don't use them personally. I'm surprised you can't get your CPU temps though... Hmm...but I guess with any brand there's an oddball out there :p

Fatback

VIP Member
Software made by the motherboard manufacturer is usually the best/most sure way to go. But I find most of them to be bloated and such in comparison to other programs which is why I don't use them personally. I'm surprised you can't get your CPU temps though... Hmm...but I guess with any brand there's an oddball out there :p

Yea I find it strange to but what I'm I going to do. My motherboard actually came with two programs for my temps. Once is PC Probe II and the other is AI Net.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Yea I find it strange to but what I'm I going to do. My motherboard actually came with two programs for my temps. Once is PC Probe II and the other is AI Net.

Yup yup... Those names sound familiar. I'm quite sure they also worked with my old PC (Asus mobo, obviously ;) )

Fatback

VIP Member
Yup yup... Those names sound familiar. I'm quite sure they also worked with my old PC (Asus mobo, obviously ;) )

There not bad programs at all PC Probe I like a lot because it displays on my desktop and I don't have to open it every time I won't to see my temps. I use HWMonitor and Everest for my other computer which has a E8400 and they are pretty good.