C caliskier New Member Nov 25, 2010 #1 I have a Dell Pentium D 3.0mhz that has several SATA ports, how can I tell what size or speed harddrive I can buy for it? It is a Dell XPS 400, I guess all I want to know is can I put a SATA 3.0Gb/s on it? Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
I have a Dell Pentium D 3.0mhz that has several SATA ports, how can I tell what size or speed harddrive I can buy for it? It is a Dell XPS 400, I guess all I want to know is can I put a SATA 3.0Gb/s on it?
linkin VIP Member Nov 25, 2010 #2 SATA ports are backwards compatible so yes. Even a new SATA 6gbps drive will roll back to the 3gbps interface so it works. What hard drive are you getting?
SATA ports are backwards compatible so yes. Even a new SATA 6gbps drive will roll back to the 3gbps interface so it works. What hard drive are you getting?
Cameldude New Member Nov 25, 2010 #3 Any Hard Drive below 2TB should work no problems. Do not forget you need power to the hard drive too, so make sure you have enough leads for that too.
Any Hard Drive below 2TB should work no problems. Do not forget you need power to the hard drive too, so make sure you have enough leads for that too.
C caliskier New Member Nov 26, 2010 #5 Ok, so does the total of all hard drives have to be 2T or can i have 2 seperate hard drives of 2T each?
Ok, so does the total of all hard drives have to be 2T or can i have 2 seperate hard drives of 2T each?
linkin VIP Member Nov 26, 2010 #6 The drive you have windows installed on needs to be 2TB or less, any other drives I don't think it matters.
The drive you have windows installed on needs to be 2TB or less, any other drives I don't think it matters.
C caliskier New Member Nov 26, 2010 #7 linkin said: The drive you have windows installed on needs to be 2TB or less, any other drives I don't think it matters. Click to expand... Thanks again, very helpful
linkin said: The drive you have windows installed on needs to be 2TB or less, any other drives I don't think it matters. Click to expand... Thanks again, very helpful