How can i transfer files over wifi?

Drastik

I have a desktop computer connected to a wireless router via ethernet cable, and i want to transfer some files from it over the wireless connection to my laptop. How can i do this?

LA1

if it just a few files and both can access your email you can email the files to yourself. Outside of that you will need to create a peer to peer network.
what OS's are we talking about.
there are also free online services that you can transfer files to, then download like rapidshare and megaupload. Both of these have subscriber accounts for faster service.These you would use more to send files to someone non secure, over the internet. Probably the peer to peer would be the best.... also a thumb drive works well too.

aviation_man

If you're using Windows, just set up the Windows Network. You don't necessarily have to set up a P2P connection to do it. Windows Network will transfer anything to any computer on your network, even if it's Wireless or Wired. Keep in mind that wireless transfers are going to be slower than wired transfers, for obvious reasons, but it will still get the job done.