How did I do? Building my first gaming desktop

Zhynal

So i've finally decided to fork out the money and get a decent gaming rig. I wanted a computer that would be able to run any game on max detail. I don't have much experience at all but I decided to go with http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7486627&tab=7&SRCCODE=WEBLET03ORDER&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET03ORDER-_-Deals
I can't remember exactly but I think the graphics card I got to go with it was a radeon 7750 2g or something like that. (the graphics card was a gift and its on its way). I should be receiving everything in a day or 2, but now i'm having some buyers remorse. How is this setup for gaming? I was told I should be able to run most everything with this setup but i'm still worried, is there anything i'm missing? (I realize I don't have the monitor, keyboard, speakers, os or mouse) This computer will be used for some hardcore gaming and I hope I didn't make a bad purchase.

Edit: I figured I should mention some of the games this rig will be used for: WoW, D3, Sc2, LoL, Portal 2, L4D2 and a couple random browser games. Should this setup be able to support these games in max detail /w no lag?

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Not a bad decision except for the power supply. Also its basically the cpu and video card that determines what performance you get from your system. Can you remember exactly what card you are getting?

Zhynal

Unfortunately I do not, all I know is it was a 7700+ series and I believe it was a radeon. It was purchased on ebay and was around $130