How did you learn to build a computer?

Kilauea

banned
Always have had custom computers...

Never dared touching them much cuz I know if anything went bad we'd have to call my cousin... or maybe worst, I'd have to call him... I kept myself a bit informed but from far... but its been roughly a year, I joined this community, watched videos, read articles and now I am playing a little with my computer, adding ram, putting old HDD, installing Linux, etc.

I have yet to finish the process and actually build a computer, but in the meantime I try to stay informed.

jimkonow

i learned 5 years ago when i got suspended from school for a month for telling my principal i was going to shoot him. mom took away TV, and all i had was an old P1 166 machine with a "Turbo" button on the case. it was freaking beautiful, i learned from then on that computers are the easiest things ive ever used. its like my 6th sense, a computer...a strong bond between man and machine is such a beautiful thing!

but i wouldnt have been here if i hadnt decided to tell my principal i wanted to shoot him. see, violence can be good sometimes :)