how do I change my IP address?

jetta88a2

I have 2 computers on a router if that makes a difference. I was told by my isp that my ip was dynamic and it would change on its own. Other than that there was no way to change it :confused:

kof2000

u can buy another one for i think like 5 dollars. sure it is dynamic but in like 4 years mines only changed like 3 times. like right now my ip never changed for like 2 years LOL.

jetta88a2

hmm... Well i called my isp and asked them to cancel my internet and restart it.That didnt work. Then someone else said my ip was on a 24 hour lease and i would have to unplug my modem for over 24 hours. And even then no gaurantee. They didnt say anything about buying another ip but I didnt ask. Is there anyway to block the ip I have now so after I unplug the modem for over 24 hours I'm gauranteed a new one? Or someway to manually change it?

flame1117

banned
why do you need it changed?

also "1. Control Panel
2. Network Connections
3. Select the NIC
4. Goto it's properties
5. Goto TCP/IP Properties
6. Set the numbers manually
__________________"

that was copyed from a post, whre i just did a shearch for changing th ip.

jetta88a2

haha aparently vwvortex dosent considered animated giffs of breast family material. They banned me. Yeah stupid I know. But ya live ya learn. Anyway
Flame1117 I tried the search but it wont search for anything less than 3 letters. What did you search under? Also where would I find new numbers?
edit
also do I need to unplug the router and change both computers? or can i just do it on one?

kof2000

it wont work. i've unplugged the modem hundreds of times. is better to just buy another ip than waiting for magic to happen.