How do I copy files but not windows 10?

Yeah

Hello! I took a laptop and cleaned up a fresh install of windows 10. All I did was remove most of the random apps(such as Xbox) and install a couple things such as chrome. I basically want to clone the laptop exactly how it is and put it on another computer. The only thing is, I don't want to use any outside software. I also don't want to take a system image. I just want to replace what is currently on the computer I didn't clean up with the same files from the computer I did clean up. So cloning without taking the windows OS. I want to be able to take those files I copied and put it on any Windows 10 laptop or pc.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Your question kinda doesn't make any sense parts of it anyway. Especially this part.

I just want to replace what is currently on the computer I didn't clean up with the same files from the computer I did clean up.

If you don't want windows 10 then you can't clone or do a system image. You just can't copy over programs from one system to another, they will have to be installed on the new machine. What exactly are you trying to do that makes sense?

Yeah

Ok forget about any installed programs. I want any files I removed, added, or edited on the machines I cleaned up to be changed the same way on the other machine. Like take a backup of machine A without any user settings or the actual windows 10 OS and replace all of machine B's files excluding user settings and the windows OS with the files I backed up from machine A.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Won't happen. You'll have to do it manually. Only way it can happen is if all machines are the same make and model. You clone one and reimage others.