How do i disconnect this??

Am I retarded

• Total voters

Rainycity

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm not a "computer person". Just thought you fine people would be able to help me out, it's probably really simple to you. But I don't even know what this thing is called, and all the videos I've seen have not looked like this one so... How do I disconnect this damn thing and with out any tools except what one might have a home. Thanks guys, flame away.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 14

Darren

Staff member
Are you talking about the plug on the left? Those kinds of plugs can be tricky to get out if they're seated firmly. Just don't pull on the cables them selves and see if you can wiggle it out by prying/pulling on the white plastic part. I usually have to use a very small flat headed screw driver or other similar thin flat tool and pry up one/both of the edges and try to wiggle it back and forth until it's free. Usually once you get it started it's pretty easy to get it out.

Rainycity

Are you talking about the plug on the left? Those kinds of plugs can be tricky to get out if they're seated firmly. Just don't pull on the cables them selves and see if you can wiggle it out by prying/pulling on the white plastic part. I usually have to use a very small flat headed screw driver or other similar thin flat tool and pry up one/both of the edges and try to wiggle it back and forth until it's free. Usually once you get it started it's pretty easy to get it out.
Yes, it's the one on the left, yeah I tried to wiggle it out by hand but with no luck. I will try your method for my next attempt thanks!

Laquer Head

I voted NO. Don't devalue yourself, or let others do it just cause you asked a reasonable question. Had you not asked, and broke it..then come here..at that point I would have given you a YES~!

beers

Staff member
I usually wedge a flat screwdriver under one of the tabs such as the larger front. Once you use it as a lever they come out pretty easily.