How do I enable my USB keyboard in my BIOS

Jawn

I have a problem, I'm using a Logitech G15 USB keyboard on Vista Home Premium 64, board is a P6T Deluxe V2.

When ever I try to go into the BIOS, my keyboard stops working and I can't move around. How can I fix this?

Thanks.

fmw

It's a good question and I'm not sure there is a very good answer. In your shoes I would either plug a keyboard into the standard keyboard port on the mainboard or get one of those USB to keyboard connector adapters to use with your keyboard while working with the BIOS.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Either use a USB to PS/2 adaptor to enable it or just use some ones PS/2 keyboard for a minute to enable it

Well i am also using the same keyboard plus the same motherboard
check your chipset drivers
and update your bios to latest version ie 1605
and then have you installed the g15 keyboard software

and if the above doesnt solve the problem this definatly will
borrow a keyboard and then restore defaults settings to bios and then try the g15

StrangleHold

Staff member
The chipset driver or the software will have no effect on it in the bios. To use a USB keyboard in the bios to change settings, you have to enable USB keyboard support with a adaptor or use a PS/2 keyboard. We are not talking about after windows loads.

well i didnt have to do anything to use my keyboard in the bios and i have the same keyboard and his usb drivers mightnt be installed