How do I get back on this internet forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother was kicked off an internet forum. I am trying to make my own username and sign up for the forum on the same computer, but when I go to the site, it says "error - you don't have permission to visit this forum."

I try deleting the browsing history and all form data so I can get back on the site, but nothing seems to work.

How can I even visit the forum as a guest?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, your home IP address has been banned from visiting the site. So it doesn't matter if you have more than one computer as you still won't get on.

I brought my computer to a different house and still the error message. What do I need to do on my computer to be able to create a new username from this house?

beers

Staff member
Some bans are 'combo' type where they blacklist your IP as well as 'install' a cookie on your PC. Therefore, if you use a proxy, VPN or go somewhere else without removing the cookie then you'll still show up at the banned screen.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You were banned for a reason. Most forums don't like banned members returning :cool:

Agent Smith

To change your IP address you need to go into your router and use the MAC address clone feature. Change the MAC address and save. Reset the modem (not router) and you should have a new IP address. I would use Ccleaner to wipe all cache and cookies. You shouldn't be storing cache and cookies in the first place. What browser are you using?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I'm closing this as its on the verge of breaking the forum rules. Seems your user name and Home IP address has been banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.