How do i get rid of tool bars!

Jimbothewiz

Right,
I got home today to find that on the family computer there was a whole load of toolbars in internet explorer. know i know you can make them dissapear in internet explorer by selecting which ones you have visable but there is one that seems to be stopping some web pages from opening. it is called the isearch bar and when you try to get to some pages it says it cant find it and the address bar displays a long address that starts with http://isearch. does anyone know of anything that can help me. i would be very greatful.

ZER0X

VIP Member
Run....Ad-aware SE 1.05 and update it
Try Spybot if Ad-aware Wont remove it :) those programs will get rid of it ;)

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
If it is still coming back, go into registry, search for "isearch" and delete every key containing it.

Jimbothewiz

Im trying the ad-aware option know. thanks for all the help so far. also im sorry but i dont know what you mean by going into the registry. where is it located in the computer and how do you get to it. again thanks for all the help so far. :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
well if u wanna completely get rid of tool bars use add and remove programs just get rid of them.
Not all toolbars allow themselves to be so easily removed :)

thanks for all the help so far. also im sorry but I dont know what you mean by going into the registry. where is it located in the computer and how do you get to it.
1. Start --> Run
2. regedit
Dont change/delete anything unless you kinda have an idea of what you're doing because you can end up not being able to boot or run proggies or something :)

mark c

I'd say stick with Spybot and AdAware first. Update them if they don't find anything and run them again.

Before you go hacking the registry you might want to also try CWShredder, this is a program I've used that's got rid of malware the others coudn't.

Look up CWShredder in google. Should be a piece of cake. Download it and install it and run it and follow the instuctions.

HTH. (The registry is dodgy. You can make mistakes only a reinstall of the OS will solve. Learn how to back it up first.)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
At SOME POINT either Microsoft or ... no... Microsoft will come out with their own AD AWARE / SPYBOT program and dominate that arena as well...

...the reason: SPYWARE IS BECOME A HUGE ISSUE and the more people know about it the better.

Its a constant battle between the guys creating it and the guys finding ways of searching and deleting it. Then there’s Zone alarm ..etc... which blocks a lot of it. (but not all)

and you dont have to download anything anymore... and it can get buried sooo deep in your registry it could take you a lifetime to search around manually for everything....

for now those to aforementioned programs are your best bet!

im2hard2resist

cws shredder works well in this regard, ir removed and completely cleared all the scum left behind by the cool web search bar that i got , i wonder from where it came :confused: , and deleting files from the disk, doesnt help, it comes again only 2 irk u, this shredder is god!!!

geek_in_love

Try dumping IE and going with Mozilla Firefox..
1. No spyware.
2. No adware.
3. No toolbars.
4. Looks just like IE..

Had over 1000 agents of spyware and adware. Formated computer and dumped IE and used Firefox. Doing the same amount of browsing and no spyware. No slow computer processes. Also has themes, which is a plus.