How do I obtain a recovery disk for Dell Optiplex 780?

GCT

Hi,

I have gotten a new hard drive for my Dell OptiPlex 780 desktop as the old one is no longer functioning. What's the best way to get my hands on either a recovery or Windows disk so that it will boot up properly?

I've tried obtaining it from Dell but it seems that they don't want to give it to me. I used the service tag number, I've tried entering the Windows product key to no avail. Also, not sure if I trust sites such as "Recoverycd4u"...

Just want this computer to boot up properly, so please help.

GCT

Thanks for replying. It was running Windows 7. I have the product key (25 numbers and letters).

GCT

Already tried that, gives me the following message.

The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.

Also tried to get a recovery disk on the Dell website and it wouldn't let me do it either. Why do they literally make it impossible to obtain recovery software for old computers?

HotSpringSoaker

I got a Dell Optiplex 780 at the Swap Meet.
It is missing the hard drive.
The COA sticker is torn and unreadable.
Would the Dell Optiplex 780 Recovery Disk work if I try it on the replacement hard drive without the code from the sticker?
Where can I download the Dell Optiplex 780 Recovery Disk?