How do i oc my i5-3570k?

denn4550

Hey everyone!

I want to overclock my i5-3570k to 4.5GHz. Right now its 4.2GHz but i im not sure about what i should turn on and things like that in bios. I used OC Genie to oc my cpu (auto oc).

XpMlVav.jpg

10QP5cj.jpg

VXqDvtE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive re sized your pictures,Just a heads up next time if you post images re size them using a website called "IMGUR" or Photobucket can do the same. :)

As for the overclocking,First turn off Turbo Boost and auto overclock...in fact id reset the bios to stock defaults before beginning then you know everything is stock.

Adjust your CPU ratio to what you want,for example its 42 at the moment = 4.2Ghz.

If your wanting 4.5Ghz then set it to 45 but dont forget the voltages on the CPU..1.25V should be a good starting point on a 3570K for 4.5Ghz ..then you save and run prime95 in windows..if its unstable try increasing the voltage a little..if its stable you could try dropping voltage (for better temps) until its unstable to get a idea on your sweet point

Also is your memory XMP?...enable that if it is.

I'm no expert on overclocking,But this has always worked for me in the past..im sure someone with more knowledge on this will help out further. :)

Last edited:

denn4550

Ive re sized your pictures,Just a heads up next time if you post images re size them using a website called "IMGUR" or Photobucket can do the same. :)

As for the overclocking,First turn off Turbo Boost and auto overclock...in fact id reset the bios to stock defaults before beginning then you know everything is stock.

Adjust your CPU ratio to what you want,for example its 42 at the moment = 4.2Ghz.

If your wanting 4.5Ghz then set it to 45 but dont forget the voltages on the CPU..1.25V should be a good starting point on a 3570K for 4.5Ghz ..then you save and run prime95 in windows..if its unstable try increasing the voltage a little..if its stable you could try dropping voltage (for better temps) until its unstable to get a idea on your sweet point

I'm no expert on overclocking,But this has always worked for me in the past..im sure someone with more knowledge on this will help out further. :)

Ty i will try that later today! :) But 1 thing i dont know, what is xmp and how do i see if my ram has xmp?

indeed just put youre multi on 45 and the vcore 1.25, and run prime with avx ore better intel burn test, and in the check box put the memory on high atleast, if it passes then you can try to drop the vcore. till it crashes ore you get a blue screen.
if you get one put the vcore 1 click higher then you had before it crasht, then run intelburntest ore prime95 with avx longer.

if it crash then up the vcore again by 1 click and test again.
keep youre temps monitort.
don't go over 75 degrees

the best test I think is linx with avx, I run it always with all the mem avilible for 45 minutes, if it passes I never had a system wat wasent stable.

the linx with avx you can find here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0vh82dnirx8cl44/linx(0.64)_10.3.4.007.zip

denn4550

This is a bit nooby i know.. But does it have to be 1.0250V or do i have to change it 1.2500V?

Mez

1.250v is what you're looking for. I got my 3570k stable @ 1.25v lets pray that yours is too :p

denn4550

1.250v is what you're looking for. I got my 3570k stable @ 1.25v lets pray that yours is too :p

So it might change between cpu's even if its the same? Im a little scared trying :D My motherboard is made to oc to 4.6GHz :D

Mez

So it might change between cpu's even if its the same? Im a little scared trying :D My motherboard is made to oc to 4.6GHz :D

Yeah, all cpu/processors are different, some are more stable and lower voltages than others, so it's all a luck of the draw.

denn4550

I think i will just keep it on OC Genie. Im still not 100% sure about it :) Maybe i can get a irl mate to help me :) Anyways ty for the help!

SmallAlz

Just keep in mind that other people's CPU's may be a bit different so just play around with your voltage until you get it right for your CPU.
sig.jpg