How do I play music from my phone in my car?

Kamalayka

I know this is a simple question to answer, but I know nothing about tech stuff. Basically, my smartphone allows me to download YouTube videos as mp4s. My goal is to create a music playlist from the various music videos I've downloaded so I can plug my phone into my car's USB port and listen to the music as I drive.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

beers

Staff member
What car or stereo do you have? It depends widely on the equipment in the car.

Newer cars you can just sync up via bluetooth.

Kamalayka

What car or stereo do you have? It depends widely on the equipment in the car.

Newer cars you can just sync up via bluetooth.

I have a 2015 Kia Forte. My goal is to be able to plug my phone into the USB port and use the radio to select songs from my phone. Is there maybe an app I can download that will let me do this?

Agent Smith

For Bluetooth it's like this.

You could also buy a small FM transmitter on ebay or Amazon. As far as phone control, you can't do that. You have to control the phone from the phone. If that's what you are asking.

Kamalayka

On my previous phone (iPhone), I used to download individual songs from the Apple store and create playlists. I would plug the phone into the USB and I was able to control everything with the radio buttons.

So there's no way to do this with the songs I download from YouTube?

JLuchinski

On my previous phone (iPhone), I used to download individual songs from the Apple store and create playlists. I would plug the phone into the USB and I was able to control everything with the radio buttons.

So there's no way to do this with the songs I download from YouTube?
What phone do you have now? As far as ripping songs from Youtube you might have to find a media player that will allow you to stream songs via Bluetooth or USB. In my vehicle everything is streamed through Spotify through Bluetooth and everything works fine.

Jamebonds1

Insteal of youtube that can consuming battery a lot than music, it is better if you using Tidal or Spotify. Tidal is the better and Hi-Fi. Like people said, you can using it with bluetooth on car. Tidal High quality $10 a month and Hi-Fi $20 a month.