How do I roll back a Microsoft Patch

Dirkpitt289

New Member
Last week I cleaned out and updated a friends Dell computer. About three days later I get a call saying its blue screened with the following stop code.

stop: 0x0000007E (0xc0000001d, 0x80537008, 0xba4c3508, 0xba4c3204)

I looked it up and it appears to be a Microsoft patch causing the problem. The question is how do I roll back the patch? One would be the Microsoft recovery console but what am I looking for once inside it? Another option I believe would be using Ubuntu, but again once its up what would I be looking for?

Repairing this would be a lot less of a headache for the owner than rebuilding from scratch.
 
Use System Restore function. It'll restore your system to the same settings as the date / time of the restore point you select.
 
Use System Restore function. It'll restore your system to the same settings as the date / time of the restore point you select.

That only works if you create a restore point and even if I did I can't get into the system because of the blue screen of death.
 
Back
Top