How do I stay quiet?

Brewboy

I want to get the new asus motherboard to run the QuadFX configuration from AMD:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131146

I can't seem to find much in the way of compatibility for aftermarket cooling. I want to stay as quiet as possible, but I don't want any external cooling (seperate water cooling cases). Water cooling scares me a little, I read reviews of blocks cracking and spilling on EXPENSIVE components! I'm not going to be overclocking, but I heard this sucker runs hot. Any advice?

CG man

The only thing a motherboard needs to be quiet is a heatsink on the chip set and no fans Asus have a crazy one with lots of heat pipes and heat sinks for over clockers. For extra quiet cooling of other components only the case size matters.

Have a look at Zaleman coolers their fans are huge copper ones and very quiet I can't here my dual Socket fans. I use Zaleman Aero flowers can't hear them for the case fans.

I also use water cooling on the graphics card a Zaleman Resorator its a huge external heatsink filled with water. The water blocks and pipes cannot leak their well made. You just hook it all up and check it for an hour if theirs no leaks you fitted it right so it's safe to turn on in 2 years it has never leaked a drop. because this cooler has a small pump you cannot hear it even when your head is close to it.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Get a full copper/copper core aftermarket hsf, and buy a low noise OK CFM fan and replace it... but if your THAT worried about noise then I would just get watercooling as the above post said