How do I stop POPUPS in Chrome?

johnnyb58

I switched over to Chrome awhile back because of problems with Firefox and now I’m constantly getting Popups especially when I view the news. Every time I close Chrome there is another window behind it and sometimes it is playing an advertisement video with sound that drowns out a video that I’m trying to watch.

I went to settings but I can’t find any popup settings to shut it off so now I'm using Firefox to watch the news which is another set of problems.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Install the ad block plus addin and seen if that works. If not we'll give you other instructions

johnnyb58

Install the ad block plus addin and seen if that works. If not we'll give you other instructions

Thanks, I thought I had it already while using Firefox and even made a donation for its use, but I guess you have to install it separately for Chrome. I tried it out with CBS News which is the worst for popups and it seemed to work, but It will take a little time to know for sure. :)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yes, each browser has its own addins you install. They are not universal between browsers.

johnnyb58

Pop-Ups are back in Chrome after last update! :mad:

How do I get rid of this pop-up that keeps coming up every time I open a tab in chrome? It is annoying and my Bitdefender goes nuts every time it does. Is it malware? It says Google Chrome. But I don’t think it has anything to do with Chrome

Attachments

• Popup.png
    Popup.png
    271.6 KB · Views: 5

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As beers posted, its your notifications if they are popping up at the bottom right of the screen.