How do i uninstall Windows XP?

Dazzeerr

Might sound stupid but i can't find out where anywhere. I completely Reformatted the computer once but that reinstalled XP too. I need XP off of here so i can put it on my New computer, it's coming without an OS.

Home Edition SP2 btw.

memory

I might be wrong but if you format a hard drive you also have to install windows. If you don't plan on using the old pc, you can just leave it on there but do not active or register it.

shawn_selig29

if you want do what i do....run setup cd...delete and create parttino...format..after it says checking drive c....unplug the comp.....there fully formatted....or use a disc utlity boot cd...

brian

VIP Member
you should just have to format it. no you dont have to install windows. all i do is take the cd andd stick it in the comp. boot it and get to install it. when it asks where to put it delete all your drives and make a new one. format it and when the bar gets full on formating it and it moves on to installing it shut it down. that will do a ok format

Dazzeerr

Ok thanks both, i think i will wait til the PC actually comes then, I don't want to try uninstalling it now and can't get 98 disk to work or something and be stuck without a PC ^_^