How do u open up ports for faster bittorent dling?

theguise

How do u do it? Ive been trying for a while and every1 says that 1nce u do that u dl files like at 200-300 kps so im just wonderin thx!

Raster

I have about the same speed, and on Bit Tornado I sometimes get up to 100kbs, but it's usually 12 to 60 kbs... I think it mostly depends on how many people are giving you the files.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
azureus does it automatically the first time you run it. and it depends on how many people your uploading too, as well as downloading from

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Note

Guys I don't wanna sound like a rude boy, but I have to jump in. One MEGABYTE (MB) is a 1024 Kilobytes. 1 Kilobyte (KB) is 8 Kilobits (Kb). Hence the speeds you are likely referring to are in KILOBYTES (KB). LOL...sorry and continue...

JAN :D

R3D

Heyy, btw i already knew that :S but my dl speed on Azureus is 40-50kb/s when everything is perfect lol but iunno how those duudes are really high lol.

kof2000

well thats the average speed even with the ports correct. rarely unless there are alot of peers will the speed reach past 500kb i only call maybe 20kb and below a slow bt.

Don't Hack!!!

Wow i get 700+ k/b's a sec.

I been studying bit torrents for a while now. and ive made 3 laws to faster bit dl speeds.

Law#1 Upload or u get nothing

Law#2 The more you uplaod the more you download

law#3 Law number #2 is not always true keep your up speed lower then your dl speed

Law#4 contributing in the beggining of your downlaod is crucial!!! for a better dl speed to be high. Upload AS MUCH AS POSSIVBLE

Law#5 BItorrents are like pull start engines. YOu have to wrok hard to pull the rip cord in the beggining(uploading alot!) then once you get the engine to start you can relax.(downloading)

Law#6 once you get your engine to start at a comfortable pace you can lower your upload speed and still keep a consistant dl speed. (timeing this is very crucial!!!!!)

Law#7 Belive it or not there is a variable factor to each bittorrent dl speed. Thats how much seeders and peers there are. Techniques liek to work well on bitorrents with 500 seeders +

HAppy bittorrents!!!

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
i have a 1.5Mb cable connection and i have the upload speed set to 20Kbps, which is what i leave it at to get 180KB download speeds

R3D

i am will AOL with a 512K connection (getting upgraded to 1MB in May) and i get 40-50kbs max do you think i could get a higher rate than that?