How do u open up ports for faster bittorent dling?

R3D

heyy ahah yeah i did read it but its just cuz my 512k i aint sure, and 740kbs? omg not fair! am constantly uploading now ahaha.

Don't Hack!!!

I used to be greeddy jsut liek you i made my uplaod liek 11 k/b's a second the lowest possible for azurus cause i noticed it made you lagg. then i starting notcing paterns in how much you upload.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Heyy, btw I already knew that :S but my dl speed on Azureus is 40-50kb/s
40-50kb fits well within 56K connections....

How do you set the ports right?
If its a closed community you're downloading from... read the FAQ. If they dont have a FAQ its probably not gonna get much faster regardless. If its a public tracker than again read the FAQ ... but with public trackers the speed is gonna be much less stable since the seeder-leecher ratio is often <1

Law#1 Upload or u get nothing
Not true. All downloads start from a seeder. Seeders dont give a crap if you upload to them or not simply because they already have the file.

Law#2 The more you uplaod the more you download
:confused: Too ambiguous

law#3 Law number #2 is not always true keep your up speed lower then your dl speed
This is only true for DSL users that regularly have their UL speeds maxed out.

Law#4 contributing in the beggining of your downlaod is crucial!!! for a better dl speed to be high. Upload AS MUCH AS POSSIVBLE
Again, lots of counter examples

Law#5 BItorrents are like pull start engines. YOu have to wrok hard to pull the rip cord in the beggining(uploading alot!) then once you get the engine to start you can relax.(downloading)
One could easily argue the opposite in that as u conclude a DL its harder to find parts.....

Law#6 once you get your engine to start at a comfortable pace you can lower your upload speed and still keep a consistant dl speed. (timeing this is very crucial!!!!!)
See refutation to point 1.

Law#7 Belive it or not there is a variable factor to each bittorrent dl speed. Thats how much seeders and peers there are. Techniques liek to work well on bitorrents with 500 seeders +
The number of seeders (or leechers) wont matter crap if they are all non-connectable.

Oh yea this study was based off of absolutly nothing!
Noted. ;)

So if I seed ALOT will my kb/s will go over 300k?
Unlikely.

no, if oyu upload too much, it'll "drown" your download speed
Only true with DSL and the amount of drowning isnt gonna take you from 300KB/s down to like 40KB/s ... more like 250KB/s

Low then ur dl IS anyone Reading my damn Rules?!?
No. Because they um ... dont work a lot of the time.