How do you code this?

ARock

My linux/OS can't run games I want it to run. Anyone know how to program and code custom prebuilt programs directly into OS(non-windows), and make it run .exe, .ipa .nsp, and other file formats? I don't use wine thank you

Intel_man

VIP Member
Asides from Wine, Proton (a fork of Wine) is the compatibility layer you're probably looking for to run games designed for Windows on Linux.

ARock

Asides from Wine, Proton (a fork of Wine) is the compatibility layer you're probably looking for to run games designed for Windows on Linux.
What about some important programs like: netplwiz, msconfig, msdos exe runners, control panel, and even key distributors? Those can't be installed with Visual Studio unlike Microsoft Store. ??? Nor Boot Code commands are common at manual. Thanks again.

beers

Staff member
Because Wine sucks, and I don't like the name Wine nor I'm a fan of bunch of idiot alcoholics always starting war as fronthand before anybody else. If you ask me, that is. :)
You're always welcome to code your own, better solution.

ARock

You're always welcome to code your own, better solution.
I did actually. But there are some other things "coding" requires me to do. For example, coding does not bypass self-destructing sequence and hacking tools already built into Linux and any other modern OS like Windows. If you paid attention to coding, you would already know. It seems Intel Guy knows what he's doing better than any of us here.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to code and change logos and name for Windows, Linux, iOS, and other OS -: and/or? Programming and coding Card Swiping Machine is another matter. I'm not saying hacking.

Nice.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Because Wine sucks, and I don't like the name Wine nor I'm a fan of bunch of idiot alcoholics always starting war as fronthand before anybody else. If you ask me, that is. :)
Looking at the commit log, I don't see any Russians... not that some open source software programmers would have anything to do with current events.

Wine has problems, but it does work most of the time. That said, there is not much reason not to install steam and use proton. You can even add non-steam games and have it run them.
I did actually. But there are some other things "coding" requires me to do. For example, coding does not bypass self-destructing sequence and hacking tools already built into Linux and any other modern OS like Windows.
What does writing a compatibility layer have to do with any of that? I am going to go ahead and say you have not written your own.

If you have enough resources and with some tweaking you can run Windows inside Linux and even make it blend seamlessly. But having full graphics capability can be tricky, though there are solutions. With QEMU you can for instance dedicate entire hardware, like a graphics card to your guest operating system (Windows). Nowadays, with the amount of cores, ram and two monitors you can have your cake and eat it too. But otherwise, except for the above mentioned solutions, I'm afraid there is no way, if there were it would have been widely available.