How do you send a huge file to a friend? E-mail not big enough!

ADE

banned
OK, I want to send my friend a file. I know your going to ask what it is so here what it is. I used FRAPS to make a video of my team in multilayer in game. I took all of those, edited it all into one, added a song to it and there you go. That's what I want him to see. Thing is, it 750MB....how do i send this to him?

alexandergre

there are several ways:
make a torrent of the file and share it with you friend.
win rar the file into 8 separate file(100 Mb each) and go to rapidshare.de or megaupload.com and upload the files there.
this is the best wat.
i perfer the second way so you dont need to be online when he is downloading.

TFT

VIP Member
As you probably know, there are sites out there for large files but yours probably exceeds their limit.

Easiest way I know is for you to create a one page web site and use FTP to upload to your site. Not very secure and private though, but you could take the site down after a while.

alexandergre

As you probably know, there are sites out there for large files but yours probably exceeds their limit.

Easiest way I know is for you to create a one page web site and use FTP to upload to your site. Not very secure and private though, but you could take the site down after a while.

FTP is not free, you have to pay for it and why paying when there is the free way?!!

ADE

banned
I'm still confused.........Can someone explain how all this works??? Simply??? Maybe even a nice and short step by step???

alexandergre

i think it would be much easier to use skype.
you and your friend have to download skype from skype.com
install it.
create an account.
give to each other you usernames so you can chat with each other
when you are chatting and just send him the hole file.
you gonna wait until he has finished the download.
--------------
here is the torrent way, which takes a lot of time
1- download u torrent from utorrent.com :http://download.utorrent.com/1.6/uTorrent-1.6-install.exe
2-make a torrent of your file:
You can make a a new torrent easily using µTorrent's built-in torrent maker:

http://www.utorrent.com/torrent.php

atomic

i think it would be much easier to use skype.
you and your friend have to download skype from skype.com
install it.
create an account.
give to each other you usernames so you can chat with each other
when you are chatting and just send him the hole file.
you gonna wait until he has finished the download.
--------------
here is the torrent way, which takes a lot of time
1- download u torrent from utorrent.com :http://download.utorrent.com/1.6/uTorrent-1.6-install.exe
2-make a torrent of your file:

Easier than clicking my link, Entering his email address finding the file and then clicking send? :confused: ;)

EDIT :
alexandergre said:
hej man, thats great, but i cant test it because im using wireless connection and its slow.

It works well. ;)

Last edited:

alexandergre

but the person must have a good and big email operator
for example hotmail gives you just 250MB (free).
but gmail gives you 2GB. if you need gmail just post here and someone will invite you to gmail

atomic

but the person must have a good and big email operator
for example hotmail gives you just 250MB (free).
but gmail gives you 2GB. if you need gmail just post here and someone will invite you to gmail

NO you dont. All you receive in your email inbox is a link to the file. You click it and then it downloads. :)

henryjsaunders

If you are having a realy bad problem make an account at box.net and upload the file. The click on the drop down arrow near the file and select make public download link. Then email him/her the link you were given. There he can download it.