How does one do a clean boot with 2 HDs?

leo

I am going to add another HD to my system... XP PRO. I am used to doing a clean boot with one HD, but not sure how I will be able to format both drives during the re install.

They are both WD HDs and I do have a CD that came with the drive which I asked the guy at the store what it is for; he said that it was to add a large volume drive to my system (slave drive) and all I had to do was install the software and it would setup and format the drive as a slave drive to my system.

My questions are;

1. Is there some method, or screen step, during the XP Pro re install that I should use to install/format this second hard drive?

2. OR should I just use the CD that came with the WD HD to add it to my system, in the manner that I was told?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
If you just want to format a second drive, boot to your WindowsXP and goto Control Panel/Administrative Tools/computer Management/Disk management. There you should see your blank extra drive, rightclick where it says Disk 1 and make the drive active, then you can right click it again and format it, after that you ready to use it. :)