How easy it for someone to get into your hotmail account?

textbook

Can someone get into my hotmail account if I logged into it on their computer years ago? Or install keylogger or something on my phone or laptop?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of email accounts get hacked, hotmail, yahoo, not sure about gmail. When you logged and you had the browser save your login info then yes they can access your email. And yes, keyloggers are another way to getting login info.

textbook

How about girlfriend's etc not professional hackers? I guess if I logged into her computer years ago she could have saved password. What are professional hackers interested in anyway?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Spamming others and cause havoc, make money. If you saved the login then yes that pc can get into your email.

beers

Staff member
Depends what you mean by 'into the account'. Some people freak out at spoofed headers because they have zero comprehension of how anything works.

Why wouldn't you just change your password and remove the authorization for existing systems/cookies? Clearly you don't ever change passwords, so you probably also use a shared one across platforms that has the possibility of being leaked from another service.