How fast can you type

apj101

VIP Member
http://www.typingtest.com/
use the material from the Wizard of Oz over a test time of 1 min
I got 64 wpm net speed

word_per_min.jpg

Last edited:
bah.. 34 wpm with 20 errors :( I really shouldnt try typing too fast. :( ( true, maybe the fact that english is a forreign language to me adds a bit,.. but my typing truly sucks :| )

edit: No need to post a pic of that performance either i gues.

hmm 82 WPM, 0 errors, not bad, thought i was little faster to be honest, prob out of practice :)

Last edited:
I got about 60 laying on my bed using my laptop. I'd probably do better at my desktop with a nice keyboard. However, I type much faster when I'm going from my head, and not having to follow something else typed on the screen. I tend to get ahead of myself and type what I think SHOULD be next.

metyping.png

Not that bad considering I never learnt to type, and developed my own system likened to playing the piano. :p

The thing is I have to look when I type, so I had to keep taking my eyes of the screen or I probably would have been a lot faster. Got 30wps

Ill try it when i get home, these keyboards at school suck, i tried it and got errors on every other word cuz the keys are too sensitive and wiggly. Ill prob get like 50WPM.

it won't let me. Bah, stupid IE & Vista...

I'll try to get it to work later. I did 90+ back in high school with less then 3 errors repeated. I'd say I'm probably around 75 now, but I use the delete key alot lol. I'm the opposite though, I can type alot faster when I have something to type from, as opposed to coming up with it on the fly.

Hmm I didn't do too bad.
Ahhh stupid image shack and file size limits...
I can type faster than my computing teacher!
We did this thing at school and I was 7 wpm faster than her.
typetestlv9.jpg

Wow some of you are really fast.

Net Scores

1. Bismark: 103
gold1.jpg

2. leetkyle: 92
silver1.jpg

3. didyouknowthat: 87
bronze1.jpg

4. magicman: 72
5. [-OMEGA-]: 67
6. calumn: 65
7. Apj101: 64
8. The_Other_One: 60
9. Serenade_me: 59
10. Warriorhazard: 59
11. Jet: 57
12. deankenny: 54
13. a123: 53
14. Rambo: 64
15. Starwarsman: 36
16. Archangel: 34
17. Bramp: 30
18. jp198780: 30
19. successfulerror: 18

Bold for scores over 50

Last edited:
jimmymac: 82
magicman: 72
[-OMEGA-]: 67
Apj101: 64
The_Other_One: 60
calumn: 58
Jet: 57
deankenny: 54
Rambo: 51
Starwarsman: 36
Archangel: 34
Bramp: 30
successfulerror: 18

Hey let type from the fly and i'll move up 7 spaces HAHAHAHA :p

are we allowed to take it again to boost our rankings? Thanks to Jet, I'm feeling competitive now :)

Back