How good are Saphire and HIS graphic cards? (in terms of quality of biuld?)

What do you think about Saphire and HIS cards?

• Qualitys good enough for me to buy them

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • I'd rather spend a little more and get something more branded

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Quality sucks and i wouldn't buy them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll buy one of the brands but not the other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

curtains

Just a quick question,

what do u guys think of Saphire and HIS graphic cards, they don't seem to make too much stuff other than graphic cards. Hows the quality of them?

anyone have major problems with them break or something?

share your experiance?

Thinking of buying a Saphire 5870 cause its $60(NZD) cheaper than the Asus one, is it smart?

CardboardSword

Can't really speak for Sapphire first hand, but my HIS 4850 has good results from the cooler they have on it and it hasn't crapped out yet, so that's a thumbs up as far as I'm concerned.

I have however, heard that Sapphire does in general make quality cards.

linkin

VIP Member
All 3 are good. I personally go for XFX because if you resell the card they still have warranty for life.

RMA's are usually easy but mine went for 3 months with XFX... yeah that's 3 months. i sent the card away (xfx 4850) and they moved location... so really it's the fault of hong kong post. they could have sent it to the new address or returned it to me sooner.

CrayonMuncher

i can only speak for sapphire

i bought my x800pro (sapphire) second hand 2 years ago and it has been great never had a problem with it, even overclocked moderatly well on stock

bomberboysk

All reference designs are the same exact cards, with identical build quality. With reference cards,you are only paying for support.

With non reference cards, you get an aftermarket cooling solution, perhaps upgraded VRM circuitry, etc.