How good is the Radeon X300 SE

zilla

I'm not going to be gaming much on it, probably just some Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. Will this card work ok for that?

Thanks

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
it's a paper weight, you can probably run Pandora Tomorrow on it at the lowest settings but it might lag when you go through some of the video intensive areas

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
definitely concur there, pandora tomorow will definitely run but you wont have a good time running it ... 800x600 medium settings at the most i would suspect.

zilla

Cool, looks like I'll go ahead and upgrade that sucker. What would you guys recommend? I don't need the latest and greatest, but I would like to run that game on its highest settings.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
a GF6600/6600GT or an x700/x700Pro are quality cards that aren't overly expensive, although the x700 seems to have a low availability right now.

zilla

Cromewell said:
a GF6600/6600GT or an x700/x700Pro are quality cards that aren't overly expensive, although the x700 seems to have a low availability right now.

Going off the 6600 recommendation, know anything about the companies Chaintech or Leadtek?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
my 6600GT is a Chaintech and I am quite happy with it. Leadtek probably has a better bundle but that doesn't matter to me, I'd rather get the card for a cheaper price

zilla

Cromewell said:
my 6600GT is a Chaintech and I am quite happy with it. Leadtek probably has a better bundle but that doesn't matter to me, I'd rather get the card for a cheaper price

Great I'll probably go with the Chaintech or an xFx.