How hard is it to build a computer?

puterdude

Once I purchase the OS and hardware. Is there anything else I need? (I've never done this)

Is there a tutorial for doing this? How complicated is this? Any feedback is helpful! Thank you

Timo

It shouldn't be all too hard to do, only do watch out you make sure you're not static anymore when you start building (basically ground yourself at all times if possible). And really look into how you have to apply thermal paste onto the CPU (and cooler) :)

Further more, installation of an OS isn't really hard most of the time although I never installed windows myself though (linux/ubuntu etc. I did install which both worked like a treat right away).

G25r8cer

I would have to say the only hard part is cable management and installing the os. Both of those are not that hard either. You might have some problems with drivers or something like that but the actual build is easy!

Interested

easy. untill you install the OS. But with vista it's pretty easy. If you need help, just make a post and we'll reply with hot toast. (lol...wtf?..haha). But seriously, if you need help, we'll be glad to help you through the whole process.

Vizy

If you need help, just make a post and we'll reply with hot toast. (lol...wtf?..haha)

i want some pizza for some reason :D

@puterdude

Dude, it's super easy to build a comp. it might seem diffucult and stuff but it's not. it's basically just plugging in stuff where it is supposed to go. nothing more to it. And we are always here to help.

cohen

once you know what hardware and know what to do it is easy... good luck... my first built was easy :)

Dropkickmurphys

first build is fairly easy... i built the comp in my sig at Xmas... was my first build.. .adn its still working fine :D

if you have an old pc try taking that apart first and putting it back together, this can help as you get an idea where everything goes and how... yes i understand that not all pc's are the same inside, but it defo helped me...#

p.s. use an OLD pc, something that isnt really important, incase you muck it up lol

tlarkin

VIP Member
All you do is literally assemble parts in a box. Loading an OS is probably harder than actually building it.

wizle

I learned how by volunteering at freegeek! They also gave me a computer for my first 24 hours