how hard is it to change the a/c adapter input?

speshuled

It seems the input on my a/c adapter is taking a crap. ill have the adapter plugged in and sometime it will charge and sometimes it wont. ill unplug it and plug it back in to see if that works but it only works for a short time. ive heard of this problem on laptops and was wondering is it something thats fairly easy?

ed

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Try another powr adapter, if that does not work then it would be the internals of the laptops you need to replace.

speshuled

Try another powr adapter, if that does not work then it would be the internals of the laptops you need to replace.

i bought a new adapter but im still having that problem. ive googled the problem and have heard of people having similar problems with their laptops. id hate to have to buy a whole new mb for my laptop.

ed

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Does it get warm around the plug? My laptop's solder points broke and it once began to smoke! I simply removed the power board, resoldered it and I've not had a problem since...

The process of resoldering connections is very easy. Getting to the plug is what can be hard. I lucked out where I could get to mine without totally tearing the laptop apart, but I've had others where I wasn't so lucky...