How hard to build???

nmt6789

I want to build a computer but, I've never done it before..... How hard would it be to do it???

I am very mechanicaly able to build it but I dont know alot about computers...

SuicideMayne

It can be a lil confussing building your 1st comp. I would recomend haveing someone with you that knows a lil a bout it because if u connect somthing wrong somthing bad could happin. Just read on it know a days its pritty simple :) im shure everything will go smooth.

Lax

VIP Member
It's not as hard as you think. Parts will only go in one way and some parts will only work with certain other parts. If you can wait about 3-4 days I'll be trying to put up an sticky on how to build your own machine. (taking finals now, unable to really post something that long)

kof2000

first timers the hard part is just connection those wires to the to make the lights come on like the power button and such cuz they can go in both ways LOL.

eclipso

If you have a PC layin around fully loaded from retail , try disconnecting everything , wait 10 mins. Re-assemble it. You'll learn more in the assembling than reading it. If it works just like as is. You can build whatever you desire.

BUT Its all about capatability.

1.) Processor (CPU)-capatible with the Motherboard.
2.) Memory Chip (Ram) - capatible with the Motherboard.
3.) Graphics Card - capatible with the Motherboard.
4.) Hard-drives / DVD / CD roms - Does not require capatability
5.) Cables - Know your Master and Slaves
A. Master is your primary. Usually used in Hard-drives. The Hard-drive you consider installing your Operating system on (OS) should always be your Master.
B. Slave would be your extra.
C. DVD/CD roms can be either Master or Slave.
6.) PSU (Power Supply) - capatible with Motherboard. Certain Motherboards require an amount of Watts to operate.

Hopefully you got an idea. It is cheaper to build than buy. Well maybe :)

NeuromancerWGDD'U

I had taken my computer apart several times before I decided to build one of my own, so I didn't have much experience. I found that the easiest/best way to learn what parts can go together, is to look at lots of online shops. They'll always say what they're compatible with, and you get a good idea about pricing while you're at it.

Lax

VIP Member
did that sticky ever happen lord anthrax?
Extraneous circumstances have had me to put it off for a bit (school exams). There should however be something up by the end of the month at the latest.

b182tm

Just a little advice...Test your PSU before hooking everything up to it. I put mine in, Sparks flew, and the PSU went dead. I'm now just hoping that it didn't damage anything else. (Everything was hooked up fine, my friend who builds computers checked it out)

Derek