How legit is this review of the Thor V2?

ChrisUlrich

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4648/rosewill-thor-v2-the-god-of-cooling-and-silence/5

According to this review, it is a much better cooling case than the Silverstone FT02 which is pretty on par with the HAF X. I cannot find ANYTHING confirming or denying this professional review. I mean, if this 100% real with no setup favoring the Rosewill Thor V2... this is a pretty incredible case when it comes to air cooling. Has to be the best air cooling case money can buy.

cabinfever1977

heres a better link to the thor v2:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147053

No its not alot better,but its half the price of the other 2 and i didnt care much for the other 2 either.
Each person has to choose a case based on there build and what they need,the only way to find out what case you like is to buy and try diffrent cases.

Just cause some of the cases are $200,they are almost like the $50 cases,all they have going for them is large fans and cages for ssd drives

Last edited:

cabinfever1977

i think its better than the FT02
And its about the same as the Haf X,but cheaper and has a fan behind the cpu which the haf x doesnt have

chupacabra

I wouldn't be surprise they swaped some of the fans for high end performance ones, just to keep fool people into buying it.

Then again you never know since they do not show the setup/can take photos with the original ones and lie about it.

ChrisUlrich

That's what I was thinking Chupa... but it's very hard to tell. A few people recommended I check out the CM Trooper and add the 4 120mm fans that are optional. Word is that setup would out cool any other case available.

I think I might just get the Thor V2 white edition because of how it looks/cools. And I have read in a few places that cable management is top notch.

But it's annoying because ultimately I want the best cooling case and it seems there aren't any reviews comparing the "best" air cooling cases!

jonnyp11

I said this in the other thread and don't remember if you responded, you could just make a water-cooling loop for the cpu and gpu(s), might be expensive, but they will be ice cold.